Q. What do I need to prepare for my move?
- A. Decide if you want to use our excellent packing services. If you are going to pack yourself, you can purchase all the boxes, tape, markers, bubble wrap, from Rocket Movers. If Rocket Movers is packing and moving your household, we will bring all the supplies needed. Typically, we will send a packing crew to your home one or two days prior to the move. If you are only using moving services, it is important to be completely packed.
Q. Does Rocket Mover provide shrink wrap and padding?
- A. Our trucks are well supplied with quality moving blankets to ensure that every piece of furniture is adequately protected on our trucks.Shrink wrap is used to protect sofas from dirt and to ensure that items such as dressers and entertainment centers stay closed while in transit. We offer shrink wrap and padding at no extra charge. Our goal is to have as few damages as is possible.
Q. Are Rocket Movers insured and licensed Georgetown Movers?
- A. Rocket Movers is licensed an insured. Rocket Movers adheres to all state laws and customary moving procedures.
Q. Are your movers full time employees?
- A. Yes, Rocket Movers only hires people who know how to move. Many of our movers have been in the business for more than 10 years.
Q. Should I tip the movers?
- A. That's really up to you. Some people tip and some people don't. Movers do not expect to be tipped. Tipping is not required but if your crew does a great job, a tip of 20% for the entire crew is appropriate.
Q. How does Rocket Movers charge for its services
- A. On local moves, we generally charge people on an hourly basis. Pricing is also offered by the piece. Acceptable payment types are credit card, cash, check, and certified funds.
Q. What happens if it rains on move day?
- A. Generally speaking, inclement weather does not interfere with a move. In most cases, the distance between the front of your house and the truck is minimal thus minimizing the time that your furniture pieces will spend in the weather.
Q. What packing materials do I need for my move?
- A. Here are some general guidelines for the amount of packing materials that will be required for their move. Typically, people are surprised when they use more boxes than expected for packing. Rocket Movers will give customers full credit for any unused boxes left over from packing.
1-2 Bedroom Apartment or House
- 15 Book boxes 1.5 cubic feet
- 10 medium cartons 3 cubic feet
- 6 large cartons 4.5 cubic ft.
- 4 dish packs
- 2 wardrobe boxes
- 6 rolls of tape
- 2 magic markers
- Packing paper 25 lb
- 8-16 Picture slices (requires 1 for small pictures, 2 for medium, 4 for large)
3-4 Bedroom Apartment or House
- 20-30 small 1.5 cubic ft. book boxes
- 15-20 medium 3 cubic ft. boxes
- 10-15 large 4.5 cubic ft. boxes
- 10-15 dish packs
- 6-10 wardrobe boxes
- 18 rolls of tape
- 2 magic markers
- Packing paper 25-50 lb
- 16-24 Picture slices
5-6 Bedroom Apartment or House
- 50-75 small 1.5 cubic ft. book boxes
- 25-35 medium 3 cubic ft. boxes
- 30-40 large 4.5 cubic ft. boxes
- 10-15 dish packs
- 10-15 wardrobe boxes
- 24 rolls of tape
- 4 magic markers
- Packing paper 50-75 lb
- 30-40 Picture slices
Q. I have some very valuable items, what should I do with them?
- A. Valuable baseball cards, jewelry, original artwork, and the like are considered to be” items of extraordinary value. Items such as those are not covered by cargo insurance. In most cases, the most practical solution is to move those items in your personal vehicle.
Q. Will the job take longer if there is an elevator?
- A. Depending on the speed, size, and proximity of the elevator, it can have a major impact on the move time. One of the most important things a customer can do is to reserve their elevator for exclusive use by Rocket Movers. One of the most frustrating and time consuming parts of moving can be when our movers have to compete with another mover for elevator usage. This allows one person to occupy the elevator full-time and help load and unload it. A significant number of stairs and/or a long carry distance will definitely add time to your move. We typically like to add an extra mover onto a move that has an elevator or stairs.
Q. What happens if I postpone the job?
- A. We understand that sometimes our customers need to postpone a move due to circumstances that are beyond their control. We make every effort to accommodate postponements but are sometimes unable to change our schedule on short notice. To avoid a cancellation charge, we require 72 hours advance notice for postponement and cancellation.
Q. How do I get an estimate?
- A. Call 512-215-4493 or email email@example.com to speak with a representative. For many people, it is adequate to conduct a phone interview and email or fax an estimate based on that. In cases where our customers require the best possible estimate of the cost of your move we need an inventory of your household which can be emailed or faxed to us at 404-351-4873. If you need help with this, in many cases you can call us and we can come out and do an inventory for you.
Q. Is there an extra charge for pianos?
- A. Piano moving does not cost anything beyond our standard hourly rate. Most pianos need to be tuned after they are moved.
Q. How are pool tables and weight equipment handled?
- A. We use a professional pool table installer for moving all tables. Pool tables moving is a separate charge from the move depending on the make and model of the table. Our employees can move less complicated exercise machines such as elliptical machines, stationary bikes, and treadmills. For more complicated machines, we use 3rd party contractors for assembly and disassembly.
Q. How much advance notice is required to schedule a move?
- A. It's not possible to say exactly how much advance notice we require to accommodate your move. During less busy times, we may be able to schedule your move with 1 or 2 days advance notice. During peak demand times such as weekends and all days during the spring and summer, it's best to call 3-4 weeks ahead of time to make a reservation.
Q. Does Rocket Movers offer temporary storage?
- A. Yes - Rocket Movers offers a unique service called storage-in-transit. Many times customers are selling the the home they are moving out of and are unable to immediately move into their new home. Our short-term storage solution allows customers to leave their household goods on a truck in our secure yard. This service eliminates the cost of conducting an inventory and double-handling your goods as they do not have to be unloaded as part of the storage-in-transit service.
Q. Can Rocket Movers unhook my appliances?
- A. Yes and No - Rocket Movers cannot disconnect GAS appliances. Electric appliances, washers, dryers, and refrigerators, can be disconnected and moved for customers who sign a full release. Bear in mind that many refrigerators have ice makers, and often have a copper water line, which we can disconnect, but we cannot re-connect. You should be prepared to replace this with a new line, or the newer re-inforced vinyl water lines available at most hardware and home improvement stores. Due to insurance restrictions, we cannot reconnect any water lines at the drop-off location.
Q. Does Rocket Movers cover the cost of repairs if something is broken?
- A. Unfortunately, damages do occur sometimes in spite of all the precautions our movers take. Each move comes with $300 of coverage for repairing or replacing your household goods in the event a damage does occur. However, we do recommend purchasing additional valuation coverage. Adequate valuation coverage will ensure that, in the event of a major accident or damage, the replacement costs for any and all items damaged will be covered.